Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baby Belly


Here's the first official picture of the baby bump. There's really not a big bump yet (in my opinion) but at least I'm "starting to show". This picture was taken on Halloween (obviously) as I was dressed up as a clown. I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is flying by. We are scheduled for an ultrasound next week (11/11) and we'll hopefully find out the gender of this baby. That is a first for us. I'm somewhat excited, but also nervous about the appointment. I foremost want a healthy baby and wonder if this baby will have a single umbilical artery, like both previous pregnancies. I know that both boys turned out fine even with that complication, but I'm still curious if we'll be that "lucky" again. Then there is the whole finding out the gender part. I know that whatever they tell me, assuming the baby cooperates, I will not quite believe it until I see it! We've never traveled this path before and if it was up to Derek we probably would still wait until the birth. I, on the other hand, just can't take the suspense one more time.

So here is your chance....if you are a reader of this blog, go ahead and put in your guess with the link above. Nobody has guessed boy yet. Could this be that we all are hoping for a girl this time? Not sure, but anyways, put in your guess and we'll find out the gender soon enough.

On one last note, I've been feeling this baby move every day since I went to visit my grandmother, Thelma, a few weeks ago. I was 15 weeks, 4 days at the time and this is more than two weeks earlier than I felt any tiny movements with either of the boys. This is so reassuring to me and I love it. I feel the baby all the time, but especially when I'm still (which isn't often in the day) and while trying to fall asleep. Love it!

No comments: