Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The calm before the storm


I believe this was the last picture taken before the bottom fell out in our house. The boys had been pushing each other's buttons all day long and I was getting stressed. Here we are trying to have a tea party. You can see Maverick starting to fuss in his bouncer.....the look of devilment in Brighton's eyes....

I'm not sure exactly how it happened....maybe somebody stole somebody's cookie. Who knows really? The amount of crying and fighting and yelling that ensued had been brewing all day long. Poor little Maverick, caught in the middle of the chaos.

Maverick went on a nursing strike until 2 a.m. He wouldn't not nurse for anything and I knew he was hungry. I ended up pumping two bottles that afternoon/evening for him, just so he could eat. I've been stressed out lately and feel like I can never get anything done. Combined with everything else going on, it was just too much. Luckily the strike was short-lived and I think all of our stress levels are better now.

It sure is a lot juggling the demands of three little boys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, mama! I can't imagine having 3; sometimes I wonder how I manage my 1! :)