Friday, August 3, 2012

Museums & Views

Today was another fun day visiting museums.  We had visited the planetarium the day before and they accepted our Durham L&S museum membership as did the Field Museum.  That was a big savings for us.  I was really impressed with the Field Museum.  It was massive.  We certainly didn't see but 1/3 of it, maybe.  There was a special area just for younger kids and my boys could have stayed in just that one section all day.


Dressing up as skunks.


Playing in a dinosaur nest.


A view of the main hall one of three floors this museum has.  

Later that night, once the kids were in bed, Derek and I had Dani and Danny babysit and we went our for a drink and dessert at a nearby restaurant.  We went to the 96th floor of the John Hancock building. The views were quite nice and reminded me of when Derek and I went to 
the "Top of the World" in Las Vegas.  



Derek has a $14.50 drink that he said was o.k.  The creme brulee that we shared for $8, was worth that, I suppose.  


Here's a night time view.

No comments: