Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas is Almost here!

The week leading up to Christmas was spent in giddy anticipation!  The boys were so excited for Christmas to finally arrive.  At our house, the current living arrangement is that Brighton & Maverick share a room (bunk beds) and Chandler has a smaller room to himself.  Jamison is still sleeping in our closet (ha!)  The plan is to move Jamison's crib to the smaller bedroom, and originally I thought I'd keep Chandler in there.  Ideally, I'd have the smaller two in separate bedrooms, so we don't have to keep playing the musical beds game for nap time....but in the end, I decided to have Maverick & Chandler switch rooms, so the older two will be together, and the younger two will be as well.  

We decided to un-bunk the beds, and did some general rearranging of furniture.  I'm still not finished with all I need to move, but so far it's going well.  Not sure when Jamison's crib will get moved in.  That's the last step....

Our church did something different this year for Christmas, and I really enjoyed it.  We had a Moravian Love Feast.  A brass quintet played a concert and then we enjoyed some carols and the passing of the sweet rolls and cider.  Maverick was so excited to open up his napkin until he discovered bread inside (I guess he was hoping for a cookie) but he did enjoy the apple cider.  

The Sunday before Christmas, this one lost not one, but both of his two front teeth.....
"All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth!"



On Christmas Eve, we let the kids open up one present (always PJs) and we did it in the morning to lessen the chaos that would happen that afternoon.  


Our family was asked to do the reading and light the Christ candle for the Christmas Eve Family Service.  I had been battling a cold this week and I knew Chandler would enjoy doing the reading, so he began practicing.  We worked on slowing down his words and annunciation.  About 20 seconds before our family was asked to come forward, the power went out.  The show must go on....so by the light of an I-phone, and no microphone, Chandler did the reading.  He did great!  As soon as he was finished....the power returned.  Praise the Lord!

After leaving church, we came home for a small dinner of something healthy (chef salad) before heading to an annual Christmas Eve party.  Some of my parent's friends have been hosting this since forever, and I've been attending since I was about 9 or 10.  They have four boys (just like us) and now have the joy of having seven grandchildren!  The grandchildren and our kids are all in the same range, so it's a lot of fun and food for all.  On the way to the party we rode through a neighborhood known for their light displays.  The kids really enjoyed that!

Christmas Eve wouldn't be complete without leaving milk and cookies out for Santa, and the youngest child then eating the cookies because they don't understand the cookies are off-limits.  Then the older children (mainly Brighton pouting in pic below) getting upset because why don't they get cookies too?  and then it's off to bed!



No comments: