Saturday, August 1, 2015

MOPS Pool Party

Another school year is fast approaching which means another year of MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers).  Hard to believe that I've been a part of MOPS for 9 years!!  MOPS will always have a special place in my heart because it is where I have made friends that were in the same phase of parenting as I was.  Sure, there were a few moms that were a little older and wiser that I have learned many tips and tricks from, but for the most part they were right there in the thick of it with me.


This year for the first time I am co-leading a group.  It is a lot of work, but well worth the payoff.   I decided to host a pool party and cook out for the leadership team and their families.  We all had a great time.  I have known the co-leader for many years, but this is the first time I'm working hand-in-hand with her.  While eating dinner, her husband told me how glad he was that I would be sharing the workload with her, and how relieved he was that she'd be supported in this ministry.  It really meant so much to me that he'd tell me that.  He also scored points in my book for pointing out how cool the collage is in the guest bath (a picture Derek doesn't care for!).  


I can't wait to see what this year of MOPS will bring and how God will be used to form friendships and tell other moms about Jesus' love for them!


No comments: