Monday, September 24, 2012

The Babymoon!

Yeah!  I'm finally caught up with the blog from my hiatus while I wasn't feeling up to par.  You can read the entries previous to "Signs" to catch up with our summer.

Derek and I were able to get away from Friday till Monday with the help of our parents who watched the boys.  I'm sure it wasn't easy for them, but it was a well-deserved and needed break for us.  We had a wonderful time.  Here are some highlights:


Derek at the Biltmore House.   I had never been before and really enjoyed seeing this place.  It was a lot of walking and climbing stairs for me.  


On Sunday, we went to Chimney Rock park.  We hiked to a really cool waterfall (pictured above).  I was getting over a cold and pregnant (duh!) so the hike was quite a feat for me.  I was so glad to finally get to the waterfall.  Luckily the hike back was downhill and much more manageable.




Derek and I took the Blue Ridge Parkway back to Asheville for a scenic route.  It was very nice and it was great to be able to take a "joy ride" and just look out the window without somebody asking, "Are we there yet?!?"

My favorite part of the trip was the one-on-one time I spent with Derek.  We were able to have uninterrupted conversations and actually decided on baby names.  This was quite the feat since Derek did not like a single boy-name that I had suggested.  We have decided to be surprised with the gender of the baby, so it was a high priority that we come up with an agreed-upon name so the baby wouldn't go home as "Baby Boy Osterhoudt"


Ready for our Hot Air Balloon ride.  I was so excited that the weather was great and we were able to go.  Derek was glad to be back on the ground afterwards.  He's so sweet to do that for me!


The downward view



I like this shot of our shadow.


Derek and I stayed at a Bed & Breakfast.  This was our room.  

What a wonderful trip.  I can't wait for our next getaway 
which will hopefully be sooner, rather than later!

No comments: