Wednesday, November 19, 2014

RIP Katie

We are all heartbroken today as our sweet Katie is gone.  We had 11.5 great years.  Katie was our first baby.  She will be missed.

Katie loved all animals.

Katie and Chandler were buds from the start.

Katie put up with anything.  She loved all our boys.  They were her "pack"

Katie & Jamison

Happy 11th Birthday, Katie!

Bows for my pretty girl

Katie with unhappy Maverick

Pre-kids

Katie was a beauty.  I imagine her like this now, running through a field, playing in the autumn leaves.

Katie was a pleaser.  She'd let you do anything to her and loved to play dress-up.

Sleeping under the curtains.

Yes, we let her on the sofa too.


The Last Battle
If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.
Author Unknown


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry that you lost your baby girl. I remember the first time I saw her when you brought her by PMSI and she was a baby! That's when I fell in love with Goldens and their sweet and pleasing nature. She's the reason I adopted my Ruuty......

I hope she's running, playing and pain-free in heaven!