Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Stomach Bug


Hey everybody, my mom is blogging this for me because I don't feel so good right now.

This is one for the baby book: Chandler's first real illness. On Monday morning Chandler woke up early about 7:15 a.m. with a little vomit that he had choked on. He was burning up and I took his temperature under his arm and could tell he had a fever. I gave him some Tylenol and when he was still hot 45 minutes later, I finally decided to take his temperature rectally (a first). He actually didn't mind, but his temp was 102.5! Needless to say, we headed to the doctor's. At 9:30 a.m. his temp was still above 102, so they gave him Motrin at our Pediatrician. He didn't nurse until 11:30 a.m. and ate a little lunch/breakfast at that time. He did drink some juice/half pedialyte about 4:30 p.m. and ate 1/2 his dinner. I went to Bellydancing as usual, and when I got home at 9:30 p.m. Chandler was starting to really get fussy. He then threw up on me 3-4 different times. I lost count. I had to put on a load to wash because we both ran out of PJs! Poor little guy! It was all we could do to get a little Motrin down. He was so pale and pitiful. His temp was back up to 102 and we thought he'd have a terrible night. Luckily, he slept good (after settling about 11 p.m.) Derek on the other hand did not (see picture). He has a hard time falling asleep and kept thinking Chandler would be waking up any minute!

No comments: