Monday, July 7, 2008

Beach!

Hi everyone,

This past weekend I went to the beach with my family. We had a good time celebrating the 4th of July. We went to Sunset Beach and mommy and daddy wanted to see the "Kindred Spirit" mailbox on Bird Island. I had no idea what they were talking about, but apparently it is some mailbox located way out on the southern tip of Sunset Beach where people can go and write down wishes, memories, journal entries, etc. and leave them for other people to read. It was a 2 mile walk to the mailbox and 2 miles back, so we decided to take off with our stuff and when we got to the mailbox we rested and swam, then came back. The trip down to the mailbox was tough on me. I got to ride in the jogging stroller while sipping water and eating cheerios. I had to listen to my parents, mimi, and grandaddy whine about how tough it was - into the wind the whole way, high tide so there wasn't hard packed sand to walk/ride the bikes on, blah, blah, blah. Thank goodness it was much easier on the way back...Daddy put an umbrella on my stroller to block the sun, but it ended up acting like a sail and carried me home!

Here are some pictures of our journey!



No comments: