Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Discussion on Sleep

Hi all,
Mommy and Daddy wanted me to talk to you a little about my developments in my sleeping patterns. My parents tell me that my brother Chandler never really had any sleeping issues. He was always a good sleeper and they really didn't have to work with him much. Of course, I didn't want to copy my brother, so I have given Mommy and Daddy a little challenge lately. For the last 2 months or so, I couldn't get rid of the winter cold that was going around. It seemed like I caught and got rid of it twice within the last 5 weeks or so. Because of that, my sleeping was not good, I always had a stuffy nose, and it was hard to breathe. I would wake up often and it seemed that nursing would be the only answer to allow me to go back to sleep for another hour or two. For some reason, Mommy and Daddy always seemed grumpy and tired! Not sure why.

Anyways...I think I have finally gotten rid of the nasty cold and stuffiness that I've had for a while. I am now figuring out how to sleep better. Since I'm not sick anymore, Mommy and Daddy are starting to teach me how to fall asleep on my own, rather than nursing myself to sleep! A few days ago, they decided to give it a shot for bedtime, and I was not happy! I cried for about 30 minutes, but I eventually gave up and fell asleep. The next night, I got the picture and fell asleep very quickly with no fuss! I never knew I could fall asleep on my own!

Mommy and Daddy are very happy that I'm learning to fall asleep on my own and for almost a week now, I really have only woken up once to nurse and stir only a couple of other times during the night!

I'm starting to learn from my brother about sleep too. He goes to bed about 8:30 pm and almost never makes a peep until 8:00 am!

Well...I can't post without a picture, so here's a picture of when I happened to fall asleep in my crib about a month ago! (Of course, it was probably only for a few minutes!)
--Brighton

No comments: