Friday, May 7, 2010

Favorite Thing Friday


So here is one of my favorite things: A Bailey Box! For those of you native Raleighites you certainly know what I'm talking about. "Every woman wants a Bailey Box (under the tree)" may ring a bell. Well, two weeks ago (4/23) when I was selected by MIX 101.5 to win a Bailey Box I was thrilled! I really only have three "real" pieces of jewelry, two of which are my wedding band and my engagement ring. What magnificent bobble would I soon be adding to my collection?? So I get on stage, pull my string out of a fake cake and receive a number.





They hand me my "Bailey Box" and I'm excited to open it. Although it is rather large for one piece of jewelry.....maybe I've won more! I rip off the red bow and tear through the black and white signiture paper only to find another leather box inside. Wow! My jewelry is so nice they've packaged it inside a leather box! I open up the leather box only to find




nothing.




Wait....this must be a mistake. I was supposed to win earrings, a necklace, a bracelet, SOMETHING!! This stinks! My Bailey Box, is exactly what it is. A BAILEY BOX. I wanted to just chuck it in the trash with the red bow and paper, but I contained myself. One of the other 25 "winners" got a trivet. Okay, at least my box is better than a trivet. Well, that's what I keep telling myself.

Needless to say, A Bailey Box is no longer one of my favorite things!

No comments: