Thursday, October 3, 2013

Six Months!

Jamison at 6 months!  Look at all that blonde hair!

Yeah!  My favorite baby age has finally arrived.  He is super cute and I could just love on him and hug him and squeeze him (just not at midnight when he wakes up and should be sleeping....)

Jamie's Stats:
Weight: 17 lbs (43%)
Length: 27" (62%)
Head: 45.5 cm (95%)

Jamison is still not officially "crawling" but he can move to just about anywhere he wants to go.  He LOVES shoes and will mysteriously end up chewing (gross) on any pair he can get his hands on.  He is babbling a little bit here and there, but nothing really discernible.  He loves jumping in the Johnny-Jump-Up and can entertain himself for short periods of time.  

He is still pretty much on the same sleep schedule that he's been for a few months now, 3 daytime naps, and one mid-sleep feeding.  I hope that with the introduction of solids and being a little older that he will soon drop the night time feed.  As for introducing solids, I plan to do that mid-month once we return from our mountains trip.  I've been getting lazier smarter about how I choose to introduce solids and have pushed back the introduction with each child.  I mean, why do I want to mess up a good thing?  Solids, well they just complicate things.  I plan to try "Baby-Led Weaning" which is really a mis-nomer because it has nothing to do with weaning off the breast.  Basically you skip all the purees and spoon feeding and just hand the baby a pork chop a manageable sized piece of soft food.  I'll be sure to let you know how that goes.


No comments: