Saturday, March 29, 2014

Peter Pan Party!

Maverick was so excited about his Peter Pan Party!

I had finally gotten people to RSVP, and the guest count actually turned out larger than I expected.  We were slated for about 24 kids and 25 adults.  We had a few last minute no-shows due to illness and because their children are allergic to rain (I kid...) but all-in-all we had a great time!

Yes, I made this cake!


The weather wasn't the sunny day I had hoped for.  In fact it rained most of the morning and early afternoon.  Luckily, by the time the party rolled around the rain had slowed to a drizzle and then stopped completely about 30 minutes in to the party.  I dressed my boys in raincoats and off they went.  I don't think any of the kids minded.  The sun even peeked out towards the end of the party.  What more could you ask for?

Pirate fight (with The Flash)


I was so excited that Maverick's best girl friend (his words) could attend the party.  Her name is Helen, and they are two peas in a pod.  She (and her mom) sat next to Maverick for the dinner part of the party.  


After food, there was games.  The kids walked the plank and then threw rings around the tick-tock crock.  We then searched for buried treasure.  The original plan was to dig in the sand for our treasures, but I nixed that based on the earlier weather.  We dug in an inflatable baby pool filled with balls instead.



Maverick was so happy to have all the attention on him while we sang Happy Birthday!


After a quick bath (for the little two) we let Maverick open his presents.  
What a fun (and exhausting) day!

Happy Birthday Maverick!



No comments: