Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April Happenings

Wow!  The month of April is already gone.

Hurray for May!

Derek was gone for the first full week of April, and then we got a little reprieve, and then the diorama* began.  Here it is April 30th and hopefully the diorama is on it's way out.  I kept thinking that it would end certainly by the next day, and there it was....kept happening.  I told Derek, "I just want one day where I don't have to bathe somebody after a poop."  YUCK!!  I was ready to cry uncle, but not willing to pay the $75 co-pay for all of the little 3 to see the pediatrician.  I called the nurse.  She said to get them back on a pro-biotic, eliminate juices (only have 4-6 oz daily anyways), and increase starchy foods, and see if that would help end this nightmare.  So far, I think it's working....
So, enough talk about that...here are some things we did in-between all the fun of April.  There were some sunshine days, perfect for hat-wearing.

We celebrated a friend's birthday at a farm in Wake Forest.  I wish the whole family could have gone, but it was during nap-time, so only the big boys went.  

There were many animals to pet and hold.  Brighton wants to "rent-a-bunny" for his birthday.  If he still wants to, I will look back into it.  I'm all for less stuff and more "experiences".  We have WAY too much stuff!


Here's the birthday girl, Isabelle.  I met her and her mom when she was one-month old.  We were taking an infant massage class at the birth center.  Oh, to go back to that time again...

For Jamison's and Maverick's birthday, we returned some duplicate gifts and were able to get this sand and water table.  It's a hit with all the boys!


While Derek was gone, we celebrated Chandler's birthday at school.  They have a tradition where you walk around the sun the number of years that you are alive and talk about each year.  It is very nice and not something you would see in a normal public school.  I also brought in donut holes for the class to share which was a hit.  

On 4/28, Jamison had his first check up at the dentist.  He wasn't too happy about Dr. Dave poking around in his mouth, but I think that was mainly because he wanted to walk around some more.  Yes, he is still in his PJs.  That's what happens when you have to be somewhere at 8 a.m. with 4 kids in tow.  Plus, it was a school day.  Chandler also had sealants put on his molars, and then had a orthodontic appointment.  In-between the craziness, I left Chandler at the office and took Brighton to preschool.  It was 2.5 hours later when I was finally leaving to take Chandler to school.  Not my idea of a fun morning.  Oh, and Chandler is getting braces.  They wanted to do it last year in December, but he was only six, and I was secretly hoping that by some miracle, it would fix itself??  Well, that didn't happen, so now braces it is.  I'm at least waiting until June.

And this is how we ended April.

Yes, Jamison can climb a ladder.

Yes, he's not even 13 months.

And NO, I did not leave him there while I went and got my phone to take a picture.  I got him down, got my phone, and then restaged this picture.  But, this is exactly how I found him.  I won't mention who didn't put the ladder up, but it wasn't me.  

No comments: