Saturday, April 5, 2014

Jamie's Party

Today we celebrated my baby boy turning ONE!


Being the youngest of four, Jamison has a lot of older friends.  His siblings have friends, and they have younger siblings, and sometimes if we are lucky they'll include the baby.

Jamison's best bud, Jett (a first-born) was the only baby-friend that could make it to the party.  I was so glad that Jamison had a friend his age to have fun with :)


The big kids were in to playing basketball.


Here is Jamison's cake.  I'm not sure the total hours that were put into this, but let's just say it was more that four.  It was worth it though.  Tasted great!  I still haven't perfected my grandmother's recipe, but I'm getting closer each time I practice.  


We did a spread of food including pizza, chips/salsa/homemade guacamole, hummus/pretzels/carrots, trail mix, and fruit salad.  


Grandma made the punch that was a hit with the kids.  The theme was fish, and the ice ring had frozen gummy fish inside.  How cute!


Jamison had his free smash cake from Harris Teeter.  Can't beat that!


I helped him blow out his candle, and then we let him go to town.  He was the most adventurous of all the boys.  He didn't make a huge mess.  In fact, he had fun going "yum" with his mouth as he would pretend to take a bite and then back off and smile and repeat, repeat, repeat.  




After the sugar rush which was all the icing, we let Jamison open his presents.  Imagine a small baby in the middle of a sea of big kids, all trying to "help" and see the gifts.  Yes, that's what it was.  I don't think Jamison minded, so I just went with it.  


I had Derek take a photo of the punch, since it was so pretty with my blue and white polka-dot straw. Can't really tell from the picture, but it was Pinterest-worthy.


My great Aunt Edith was able to join us for this party as well.  She says she calls my boys her adopted grandchildren since she never had any of her own.


It was such a fun party and I was so happy to celebrate it with all our family and friends!
We love you, Jamison.

Happy Birthday!!!



No comments: