Friday, May 16, 2014

1st Day at Disney!

What a great way to spend my Birthday!  We were at Disney's Magic Kingdom!

We headed out the door early to beat the crowds....unfortunately, it wasn't early enough because the wait time for our first ride (Peter Pan) was at least 40 minutes.  Not prepared for that....AT ALL!!
I really should have brought the Ergo to hold Jamison in, but I didn't think I'd be carrying him that much.  I figured he'd be in the stroller most of the time.  Mistake # 1.  All he wanted to do was get down (out of my arms) and run away.  Honestly, I can't blame him.


I had done some pre-planning to map out a route of which rides we would hit and in what order, and we stuck to it....mostly.  We had to scrap some things here and there because we were running way behind after Peter Pan.


Disney truly is a "magical place" and the boys were well behaved for the most part.  There was a little whining about the wait time, but since they've never really experienced something of this magnitude before, it was hard to prepare for.  


Granddaddy Bob and Mimi were there to lend a hand.  We couldn't have done this trip without them. So glad they could join us.  They honeymooned at Disney over 40 years ago!


Here's where Jamison spent most of his time.  The original plan was to take the little ones (J & M) home for a nap.  Mistake # 2.  That plan was scrapped early on in the day after the realization that it takes about 1 hour to get from the parking lot to where you are actually walking in the Magic Kingdom.  First there is the tram ride to where you get on the monorail, and then there is lots of walking.  I just knew we'd get all the way to the car.  He'd fall asleep in the car, we get to the hotel, he'd wake up, and we'd be headed right back.  Amazingly Jamison took a nap in the stroller and we parked it in a shady spot for an hour or so.  Maverick just powered through and went to bed exhausted.  


Here's the family on Splash Mountain, a favorite ride by all.  Maverick is so tall for a 2-year-old (yes, he's really three) that he could ride most of the rides and he enjoyed them.  He was a little scared by Big Thunder Mountain, but rode it 2x on day two.  


Derek, Chandler, & Brighton stayed for the fireworks on Day 1.  I went home with the littles and Granddaddy Bob and Mimi.  I wish I could have stayed to see the parade and the show, but I needed to get those little ones to bed to ensure sanity for me and them.  We all had a great time and it was definitely a birthday I'll never forget.  

No comments: