Monday, March 9, 2015

Brothers

Swim Team Practice.


I thought it was so cute that the boys lean on each other like this.  Chandler is doing better and better, but his form continues to need work.  Brighton is doing okay, but really needs encouraging.  He still has a fear of not being able to touch and gets into a panic.  If you will talk to him and encourage him that he can do it, he will generally give it a try.


Here's Brighton swimming down the lane, finally.  One of the coaches is there next to him for support or if he gets tired.  There's a fine line between pushing your kids too hard, and not enough.  I have pushed Brighton into swimming even though he is scared/hesitant.  I know he can do it, but I have to convince him of this each and every time.  Usually there are tears involved.  After several weeks of this, I came up with a threat solution.  If Brighton cries at swim team and will not swim or get in the pool, he owes me $1.00

That seems to have done the trick.  The next practice went fine.  No tears, and he got in and started swimming with his age group.  Hopefully it will work for more than just one time.  We'll see...

No comments: