Thursday, April 16, 2015

Fun at Farm Animal Days!

Today, I recruited Mimi to join us at NCSU's Farm Animal Days


I can't remember how many years we've attended this, but it's been at least 4 because I was there the day before Maverick was born, having contractions, and thinking....WHAT....this baby isn't due for another three weeks!  It was so much fun.  I just love seeing how excited the boys get to see and touch the animals and to climb all over the tractors.  


It has been a very wet/rainy spring, and I was unsure if the weather would cooperate this day.  It was the only day we could attend, so we risked it and went ahead anyways.  Luckily we were there before they officially opened (like usual) and the crowds were low.  I didn't think ahead to have the boys wear rain boots.  That was my only mistake.  


It was really, REALLY muddy.  I tried to not let it bother me that the boys were getting filthy.  I especially tried not to get mad when Maverick was running and slipped and fell and his pants were more mud than pants.  Oh well...he'd didn't mind, so neither did I.  


The boys had a great time.  They got a little cold, especially after eating the free, yummy ice-cream.  Overall, another fun trip and we'll have to do it again next year.  Makes me sad that I only had two boys with me this year.  It's surreal....

They are growing up way to fast.

No comments: