Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Hair!

A month or so ago, one of our speakers at MOPS was a trainer for JCP Salon.  She came and spoke to our MOPS group about tips and tricks for easy hair styles.  The group had a lot of fun that day and I gave her my contact info because she was looking for live models for the classes she teaches.  In early April, I was a model for their "Signature blowout."  I enjoyed having my hair done (a rare treat for me) and decided that I trusted this teacher enough to actually cut my hair (not just style it).  


I thought it was kinda silly to straighten my hair, only to put curl in it.  But since not everybody starts out with curly hair, they had to follow the model exactly.  


This was the end result.  I thought it looked nice.  I agreed to have the teacher cut my hair the next time she needed a model for a long-layered cut.  Too bad the next class for that style wasn't until August at least.  Then a funny thing happened.  She asked if I'd be willing to drive to Rocky Mount, NC, for a class the next week.  Initially I said no, but the date was set for 4/15 and I agreed.  My grandmother passed away on 4/15, four years ago.  I felt it fitting to make the trip to Rocky Mount, just down the road from where she lived in Nashville.  


I decided to visit my grandparent's grave and place some pretty flowers there.  I selected these particular color flowers because they were the colors of my wedding flowers.  I thought they looked nice.  I also brought a small arrangement to put on my great grandparent's grave.  I have a few memories of my great grandfather, but many of my great grandmother, who died when I was 17.  


After picking up some barbecue from Doug Sauls, and then subsequently trying to find a cheap cooler and some ice to store it in, I headed to the salon.  I got a deep conditioning treatment and then got the salon's long-layered cut.  Again, they had to straighten it because with curly hair, you can't really tell if you have it even or not.  It was nice to get a hair cut since I probably haven't had one in more than a year.  


After my hair cut I met up with a childhood friend who I hadn't seen in two years.  It was so nice to have some "me time" and catch up with a great friend.  I hope to see her again soon and find some more "me time" as well!

No comments: