Saturday, May 23, 2015

Wings over Wayne

As a Birthday treat for me, last weekend our entire family went to the airshow in Goldsboro, NC.


I was lucky enough to round up six pairs of ear protection headphones so the entire family had some. I was worried that Jamison wouldn't want to wear them, but he heard those jets one time and insisted on them after that.  Derek was just as much in heaven as the boys and I had to almost drag him out of the park.  The crowds were a little much for me.  I think attendance was near 100,000!!


Due to the traffic, we got there a little later than I hoped and the lines for food (which you couldn't bring inside the base) were way past ridiculously long.  I had never seen anything like it.


Even though I didn't plan it that way, Maverick's name has meaning to Derek with the movie Top Gun (one of his favorites).  I guess that's another movie I need to actually watch start to finish.  The airshow was a big hit, and I'm sure Derek will have us at another one again soon!

No comments: