Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Ornaments

Some people have theme trees with only certain color ornaments, but I think most have trees that showcase ornaments with special meanings. Several people choose to give their children an ornament a year with the plan that one day these ornaments will go on their children's own tree. Derek and I do that with the boys and they certainly enjoy looking at their ornaments. This post however is about some special ornaments to me. Derek and I don't get ornaments every year, but we have been pregnant twice during Christmas-time and these are two special ornaments to me. The first one we had in 2006 when we were expecting our first baby. We didn't know what we were getting ourselves into, but we were so happy to be starting our family. This little ornament features a hen sitting on a nest and a rooster reading "Parents to Be" Every time I see this ornament it takes me back to the time when it was just Derek and I. Those days seem so long ago, but I know one day it will just be us again. I'm glad I'm at the point in my life where I'm enjoying my little ones even if they are hard to handle some days! We are so blessed to be parents.

This next ornament is one that was just given to me last week, but I know it will always hold a special place in my heart. This ornament features a cute little mouse standing on top of a pickle jar. The jar reads "special delivery" The mouse is also very pregnant and is eating an ice cream cone. Love it! So cute! It's perfectly fitting for me since I love pickles and ice cream, especially when I'm pregnant. I prefer pickle chips from Lynnwood Grill, but I haven't had much extra money for that lately.
What are some of your most memorable ornaments? Leave a comment and let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My ornaments are more special to me now that I'm far away from home! Over the years, my Grandma Nelson has made many ornaments out of eggs--they are delicate and beautiful. My other favorites are from my godmother Erna--hers are made from styrofoam balls covered in gorgeous shiny thread, and then intricately decorated with hundreds of beads, sequins, etc. I love unpacking them every year and decorating my tree as I remember my special family!