Friday, December 17, 2010

We are Viable!

We've reached "viability" with Maverick this past Wednesday. I'm now 24 weeks (and two days) which means if Maverick was born, there is a good chance of survival. That's so hard to believe. I certainly don't want a pre-term baby, but it's comforting to know that we are past this point in the pregnancy.

In other news....I know I've been lacking in belly shots, so I will get Derek to take one and add it to this post lately. All of my maternity clothes are way too big and I was lucky enough to have some smaller sizes passed down to me from one of Chandler's preschool friend's mom. It's so nice to have clothes that fit!

I know that I guessed this baby was a girl (and I was wrong!) but I've also guessed that it will be an April baby. I'm starting to second guess that as well! Maverick is a very active baby. He moves all the time! I also felt him move much sooner than I felt Chandler or Brighton move. There are some theories as to when a baby will be born based on when quickening (or when mom first feels baby move) occurs.

One theory is that the baby will be born 5 months from when the mom first feels the baby. That date will be St. Patrick's Day 3/17/11. Another theory is that the baby will be born 147 days from when quickening occurs +/- 15 days. That range would put Maverick coming sometime from 3/13-3/28/11 (I omitted the - 15 days because that would be in premie range). I'm considered "Full Term" at 37 weeks (3/16/11) so I hope he'll be born sometime after that date. I have to be full term to have Maverick at the Birth Center, so that's really my only goal. A Saint Patty's Day baby would be very fun, but it will more likely be an April Fool!

No comments: