Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bad girl!

Random picture I found of Katie from summer '11

For Christmas, the big boys got M&M tubes with a plastic ornament on top.  Chandler's has been long gone (aka in the trash) for weeks now, but Brighton lovingly takes his everywhere.  It goes outside, to preschool, in the car, on walks with us, and he even sleeps with it.  Well I don't remember exactly when this happened but we were playing in the boys' room and when we came back into the great room I saw Katie lying down with Yellow M&M between her front paws.  She was chewing off his feet.  Katie hardly ever messes with anything that's not hers, but I guess the chocolate smell still remained on it.

I thought Brighton would be devastated and this would cause an unprecedented amount of crying.  No, he simply picked it up (what was left as I had already gotten all the smaller pieces) and said, "oh well, I'm throwing it in the trash"  Crisis averted!

Meanwhile, Chandler has heard me telling Katie, "Bad Girl!" when I caught her in the act and he was now reprimanding her with his own punishment.  He told her that he she was bad and he was not going to pet her at quiet time, in a matter-of-fact way.  It was so cute how he said it.  See, Chandler has "quiet time" in my room where he reads books after lunch and listens to them on tape and often Katie will be in there with him.  Well, apparently, he will go and sit with her and pet her (I didn't know he did this) and that day there was to be no petting for her!

No comments: