Friday, January 13, 2012

The End of Naptime??

Is it the end?  Please say it isn't so.  My middle son, Brighton is just over three years old.  He still takes an afternoon nap of about 1-1.5 hours.  He loves his nap.  This summer when we would ask if he wanted to skip his nap that day he'd usually reply, "No, I'm tired....I'm going to go take my nap!"

Well the past two days it's been another story.  He has happily read books with me like normal and then I usually hear him talking/singing for a few minutes (maybe even 15) before he conks out.  Well, after 1 hour of singing/talking I figured he wasn't going to nap, so I got him up.  The next day I left the lamp on for him and gave him some more books to read figuring he was transitioning out of nap time into "quiet time"  He's still a little loud for "quiet time" but again he didn't nap.  

Unfortunately this make for one tired, cranky boy in the afternoon.  On the third day, no nap....this is how I found him:


So hopefully, he's still got a few more naps left in him until he can go all day and keep in a good mood!

No comments: