Saturday, November 17, 2012

House Warming!

Welcome Home!

Today was finally the day we'd been dreaming of since before we even started this undertaking.  Let me tell you, it was quite the undertaking.  I'm not sure how we survived this renovation/addition at times, but we did.  We made it!  We were ready to celebrate.  Several of our family, friends, and neighbors were able to come out and celebrate with us.  It meant so much to have so many people here.

The party was a whirl-wind.  I hardly got a bite, or got to sit down, but it was worth it.  I loved showing off our "new" house to everybody.  Many who had never seen any of the progress.  I loved having a mostly adult (there were some kids too) party.  I can honestly say the whole family had a wonderful time and we are so thankful for everybody that came out to celebrate with us.  

By the time I reminded Derek to take pictures, the party was winding down.  I think a highlight for all the boys was when our neighbor was teaching various yoga poses.  Even Maverick joined in on the fun!  We are so happy with our new home and we have just a few finishing touches left to complete.


The last thing we need to complete our home won't be here until Spring, but our baby is worth the wait! 

No comments: