Thursday, November 22, 2012

It's Thanksgiving!

Today was Turkey ham day!  We celebrated this year at Grandma's house.  My parents decided to get away to Myrtle Beach for a little R&R before my mom's scheduled heart surgery in early December.  

Today was the first time in 30 years that I had "Thanksgiving" at the supper and not lunch-time meal.  It was very strange and I didn't know what to do with myself all morning long.  With all that "free" time I had Derek start getting the Christmas decorations out of the attic.  He leaves next week for Vancouver and won't be home till Saturday, so I knew I needed to get that done this weekend.  

The baby was kicking, punching, and doing somersaults during the afternoon rest-time period.  This is the most consistent movement that I've felt so far.  Derek felt the baby (and has before now) and Chandler got to feel too!  I made my one dish to contribute to the meal.  It was an cranberry/apple/pineapple baked dish and turned out to be so yummy!


Over at Grandma's she had a fun turkey craft for all the boys to make.  It was a hit!


The Thanksgiving Table


Here's my yummy plate.  I tried to take small portions (and I did) and I finished my whole plate.  See the big belly behind....I think it got bigger afterwards.  I even saved room for a piece of homemade apple pie.  Yum yum!

There are so many things that I am thankful for.  Here's a list (in no particular order) of 10!
  1. My wonderful husband who does so much to help me out.
  2. My healthy, generally happy, children
  3. This wonderful new life growing inside me
  4. My "new" house
  5. My extended family that supports me in any way they can
  6. My faith in God and how he is also there supporting me every step of the way
  7. My neighbors
  8. The freedoms provided to me by living in the USA
  9. My jobs (the paying ones)  I've already listed my job as "Mom" *see # 2
  10. My MOPS group and other groups where I can connect with other moms

What are you Thankful for?

No comments: