Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Party!


To make things easier on myself, I planned to have a shared Birthday party for Maverick and Chandler.    Chandler really wanted a magician and Maverick would be fine with anything.  We ended up hiring, Happy Dan the Magic Man, and I couldn't recommend him more for this age group.  The party was a hit with everybody, including my 91-year-old great aunt Edith.  


One thing I did not think about was having the party during "Spring Break" so several people we invited were out of town.  This actually worked out nicely as I had just had a baby and a smaller crowd was just right.  Our back door neighbor, Hanna  was the only girl in attendance.  She certainly didn't mind and loved being the beautiful assistant.


Maverick, and his buddy, Kellen, were the only two-year-olds and hung back on the sofa with Mimi and Kellen's Mom.  I was surprised though when Maverick agreed to help the magician with a trick.  He did very well in front of the big boys even if he was a little timid at first.  I think he really thought the tricks were funny!


Maverick and Kellen on the couch


Here's Hanna assisting Chandler and Happy Dan with a trick


After the show all the kids marched in a parade over to the table for cake.  Since Chandler and Maverick shared a cake, they each got their own cupcake to blow out the candle on.  



Happy Birthday to 2 out of 4 of my boys!  I see many combined birthday parties in the future!

No comments: