Tuesday, September 10, 2013

So Proud of my Scouts!

I'm so proud of my husband, Derek, for getting a Cub Scout Pack off and running at our church!  It has taken a lot of work, but they finally had their first meeting.  Derek was worried that they wouldn't get enough interest to form a pack (5 boys are needed) but they had 10 sign up before the meeting and a total of 14 boys came!  It looks like even more will be joining soon.  


Luckily, Derek has four other fathers and one special granddaddy that are helping him out!


Brighton (not in uniform) will be very prepared for scouts when he can officially join (in TWO years!)  He fits right in with the crowd though.


There is a good mix of ages, but mostly 1st-3rd graders.


There is one 5th grader so far, so hopefully he will have another one join him in "webelos"


I've done plenty of behind the scenes work too like sewing TWELVE patches on uniforms, and helping Derek with props, ideas, etc...  I was glad to see it all come to fruition.  It's going to be so fun to see all my boys learn great values and have fun doing it.  They've already got their first camping trip planned for this month.  Let's go Scouts!



1 comment:

Allison said...

That is so great about the Scouts at your church! Thank you for your comment on my blog and for being a reader. It's been fun 'stalking' my readers too. Your boys are so cute and I love their names. Thanks again for stopping by my blog!