Tuesday, September 3, 2013

5 Months already?


Jamison is 5 month old!
Derek and I catch ourselves all the time saying he is growing up too fast.  It is true!

He is really becoming less baby, and more "boy" everyday.  He starts to grab for things that you are holding if you are holding him like drinks, papers, phones, etc...  He also really has started grabbing my hair.  Another good reason I wear it up most days!

Stats:
Weight: 16 lbs, 11 oz (up one pound from 4 months)
Height: 26"

He's not officially "crawling" but this boy can move!  I will put him in one spot and go somewhere and when I come back he has scrunched, rolled, and wiggled his way to a new spot.  He will be on the go soon, I'm sure.  I won't be starting foods anytime this month, but I think I may do what they call "baby-led weaning".  Not really sure why it's called this, because it has nothing to do with breast-feeding and weaning, but basically you don't do as much of the spoon-fed purees, but allow the baby to try bite-sized pieces of finger foods.  More of a food exploration phase if you might say.  I'm intrigued, so we'll see how it goes.

Jamison is sleeping/napping about the same as four months, but hopefully is getting into a pattern of one awakening during the night between 4-5 a.m.  He really is a good baby and enjoys watching his brothers and swinging in the swing outside.  He likes going on walks, but is not a fan of the carseat.  He's not really a binky baby, but will take it when he's very tired.  No teeth yet, but he likes to bite/gnaw on teething rings.  Chandler is very good at helping me entertain Jamison and it's so cute to see their brotherly bond.  Oh, and I almost forgot...Jamison has discovered his feet in the past week.
It's so cute!  I need to get a picture :)

No comments: