Thursday, November 28, 2013

So Thankful!

On the eve of Thanksgiving I was actually looking forward to the next day.  I'm not a huge turkey fan, and Thanksgiving has never been a favorite holiday of mine, but I think that is starting to change.  I was just excited for the chance to spend time with all of my family, have a wonderful meal, and just to cherish these moments as my family is growing up all too quickly.


Here are the boys dressed in their "festive" colors.


For the first time EVER in my life (or my dad's which would be slightly over 2x my age) we ate the Thanksgiving meal for supper instead of lunch.  That would be the one thing that I would change about this day.  It felt like all day long we were waiting for family to arrive and eat!  I'm definitely a fan of a large meal at lunch time with the leftovers (or whatever you feel like eating) later on at dinnertime.  Let's go back to that, okay?


We spent most of the morning watching the Macy's parade and the boys playing around inside.  We sang songs and danced around and with four boys it's not long before everything we try to do turns into WWE.  I guess that's just how it goes.  Later on, Jamison enjoyed knocking down Nanny's towers.  


Here's a picture of the table, pre-food.  I used my china, because I like to do things like that.  Even though I've also been known to pull out the Chinet because, frankly, cleanup is a breeze.  Since my only job this year was desserts, I figured I could handle the real china.  We had wine and cider for dinner.  Derek had sprite since he didn't like my muscadine wine selection.  That's about the only type that I really like that he does not.  It was what we had on-hand, so that's what you get.  


Diane/Grandma made a wonderful turkey and it was even better the next day when I used the leftovers in a pampered chef recipe.  All the boys enjoyed that!  We have so much to be thankful for.  We enjoyed a wonderful meal and spent quality time with our family.  What more can you ask for?

No comments: