Friday, November 1, 2013

The Fair---two weeks later!

Two weeks ago we went to the NC State Fair!  We love the fair and had a good time.

We picked Chandler up a little early from school and left for the fair about 3 p.m.  We headed home about 7, and it was a whirlwind four hours.  Time flies when you are having fun.

The games are such a waste of money, but the boys love them.  We let each boy play 1 game, for a cost of $15 to ensure they won the coveted prizes.  Both Maverick and Chandler chose a Dolphin (Maverick's is named "Remy the Cat") and Brighton got a frog.

Jamison and I took a "selfie"


Jamison had a good time at the fair and did well even without his third nap of the day.  He did fall asleep for a few minutes on the way home though.  We tried to keep our paraphernalia to a minimum while at the fair, so I didn't even bother with my nursing cover.  I really don't feel embarrassed to nurse in public, but sometimes use it in places where I have to be sitting and others are standing.  Well, I was sitting on a bench nursing Jamison while Derek watched the other 3 on a ride.  I had finished with one side and was burping Jamison when I laid him down to nurse on the other side.  I unlatched my bra and was getting him into position when another woman and I locked eyes.  I could tell she wanted to come over and speak to me and she started heading my direction.  It was in this moment that I wondered what she would say and how I would react.  I'm not very good at reacting to things "in the moment" so I braced myself for being told off for exposing myself, etc….

Luckily, the mom thanked me for breastfeeding in public and went along her way.


All the boys enjoyed the PBS tent.  


Derek and the three big boys rode the kiddy swings.  I think it went up and around about 3 times before  the ride was over.  Way too short….I think they were trying to move the line along.


Maverick and I rode one of the jungle jeeps.  


Brighton and Maverick on the caterpillar being chased by the bird.

All in all we had a great time at the fair.  Enjoyed a little of the food, a few rides, and didn't spend too much money.  Can't wait till next year!



No comments: