Sunday, November 3, 2013

The End of October...

The end of October came and went in such a blur...

Derek was gone and traveling for the last two weeks which meant I was in survival mode.  Not much got done unless it was a necessity.  Unfortunately, carving pumpkins was one of these things and so I did my best.  I normally like to delegate this job to Derek, but it's not possible using Skype :(

I started out by having the boys "help" me get the pumpkin guts out.  Chandler is normally squeamish about doing this and started out with a spoon.  He finally caved in to his brother Brighton and used his hand.  I think this was a first for him.  Maverick was not too sure about touching the icky mess either.  Mainly, it was all left up to me.  


Brighton and Chandler drew designs on paper and I tried my best to copy them onto the pumpkins.  I think the boys were shirtless in an attempt to stay clean cleaner.  


On Wednesday night before Halloween, the boys attended a fall festival at the church where they go to AWANA.  Grandma helped out with me to control the chaos.  Chandler dressed as "Superman" since no scary costumes were allowed and we weren't sure if Dracula was scary.  Jamison went as "Santa"


Halloween night finally came and Derek was home...thankgoodness!  


We took a few obligatory photos before heading out.  Chandler was Dracula.  Brighton was a cowboy (second year in a row).  Maverick was a bumble bee.  Jamison was a parrot (thank you Megan).


Mom and Dad even got dressed up and off we went.  This was the most trick-or-treating that we have done so far and the boys came home with LOADS of candy.  


 Jamison saw the pile of candy and he was all over it!


Too bad he couldn't eat any of it, although he tried!


All that candy in my house is too much of a temptation for me.  I think I would gain 20 lbs or more if I didn't get rid of it pronto.  The big boys selected 10 pieces of their favorite ones and the rest went with Daddy to work.  If not, it would be a never-ending candy fest around here and we just don't need all that junk!  What do you do to get rid of all the candy?  Do you let your kids eat whatever they want for one night and then dump it?  Do you set a daily ration?  Do you let them trade their candy for a toy?  I thought 10 pieces seemed reasonable (rationed as to 1-2 pieces per day till gone).

THOUGHTS????

No comments: