Sunday, July 13, 2014

Welcome to Chicago!

I know I am WAY behind on the blog!!  With all the traveling we did in July, I am wiped out!

Here's a recap of the first major trip we did....Chicago!


Once again, my pen-pal, Dani and her husband, Danny hosted our family for a wonderful trip to Chicago.  To say we are grateful for their hospitality doesn't do it justice.  They are the nicest friends and the most gracious hosts you will ever meet.  


We stayed with them in their spacious (think over 2,000 sq feet) penthouse.  They have one son, Heming, and are expecting again this November.  


To begin our adventures we headed to Navy Pier where we rode the Ferris Wheel (pic 1) and also let the boys splash in the fountain (pic 2) clothes and all.  We walked to a nearby park and had a picnic lunch overlooking lake Michigan.  


When we weren't traveling all over Chicago visiting the museums, the boys had plenty of room to stretch their legs in the apartment.  There were many soccer games held in this room.  


Here's the kitchen with the spacious island that I took over with all the groceries that I bought for the week.  We lived on PB&J for lunch, but were always treated to a nice dinner.  


The big boys took up an entire row on the plane flying in to Chicago.  The day we arrived there were storms and we had to circle the airport for a while before landing.  Luckily we had left early and therefore were of of the 1st in "line" to land once the storms passed.  


Heming, who is about 3.5 months older than Jamison was adorable.  He took a shine to me right away, and who could resist?  I think he loved the chaos my family brought into his life and all the toys we left him too!

No comments: