Friday, August 29, 2014

The Anniversary

The day finally arrived....our 10 year anniversary!

Derek made me wait one more day (till Friday) to celebrate in style.  He wanted it all to be a surprise, so all I knew is that we were going out to dinner.  Jamison decided to spice things up by running a fever that day, but we proceeded (cautiously) with our plans anyways.

All dressed up and ready to go!

We had a wonderful meal at Second Empire and even got adventurous and ordered off the cheese menu.  We had no idea how to select which cheeses, so we left that up to our waiter.  He didn't disappoint.  The meal was spectacular, like always, and I even saved room for dessert.  We got ready to go and Derek suggested going out the front door instead of the back (where we were parked).  Sure, why not??


Waiting outside was a horse-drawn carriage, just for us.  Ohhh....how fun!!  We have seen these around downtown, but never done it and I've always wanted to.  It was absolutely perfect.  The weather was gorgeous, just the perfect temperature!  We rode all around the city until the city lights were on.  We explored Oakwood and I can see now why one of my friends wants to move down there....so charming!


During the carriage ride, Derek slips this on my finger!!  An anniversary band with 10 stones for ten years with four of the diamonds swapped out for our boys' birthstones (technically two are still diamonds - April).  I just love it!  I'm not sure if I will wear it as shown, or if I will just wear it with my engagement ring.  It certainly is very special to me and just stunning!  It was nearly dark by the time he put the ring on, so I couldn't see how beautiful it was until later.

Posing with the horse, Clover, after our ride.

After our carriage ride, we got in the car and headed for home....or so I thought.  Next thing I knew, we were pulling into the Renaissance at North Hills!  REALLY?  I was totally shocked.


Waiting in our room was champagne and chocolate.  We saved the champagne for the morning and made mimosas.  Spectacular!

Room Selfie.

In the morning, we had breakfast in bed.  I don't think I've ever done that in my life and it was a real treat.  I LOVE breakfast and I really took advantage of it.  Derek told me to order anything I wanted, and trust me....I did!  First, I had a plate with fingerling potatoes, eggs, and sausage.

Then, I started on my blueberry bread french toast....scrumptious!  I also had hot chocolate, and hot tea too!  YUMMY!  


I just didn't want the morning to end.  Derek and I got dressed and headed to the farmer's market at North Hills where I wanted to find a little treasure to commemorate the occasion.  I found St. Lucia (below) that is carved out of a block of wood and then painted.  She's a little treasure that I have now to remember my anniversary and all the thought and planning that my wonderful husband did for me.


Sorry if this post sounds like I'm bragging....I don't mean that to be the intent.  I'm just gushing about how special my husband made me feel for this weekend and want to share that.  
I'm one very lucky lady.



No comments: