Thursday, February 26, 2015

No more snow, Please!

 We couldn't believe there was another week of snow.  The boys went to school on Monday and that was it for the week.  I had already had my fill of snow-related cancellations to my plans, so I was over it.  Too bad the kids weren't.  It was another week of dressing four boys in boots, hats, mittens, snow pants and coats, take off, dry, repeat, repeat, repeat.  I don't know how people up North do it.  I guess it helps that they probably have more than one set of "snow clothes"


In preparation of the "big" expected snow, I headed out with the rest of Raleigh to the grocery store.  I had no idea how long the lines would be and luckily for me, having all four kids with me proved to be a free pass to the (somewhat) front of the line when I inadvertently cut in front of about 8 other people.  Whoops!  There was a decent snow on Thursday of this week and the boys and the neighborhood kids (with Derek's help) built a snowman.  Then they were off to do other things.


I had purchased roses (of Brighton's choosing) to bring in to school for the week.  He is in a Montessori classroom and flowers are brought in each week by parent volunteers.  Well, the flowers never made it to school (until a week later when Brighton insisted I bring them in) so they decorated my kitchen table.  It was nice to have fresh flowers and something so pretty during this gloomy, cold, snow-filled week.  


I spent some time curled up in front of a fire to keep warm.  We did lose power for about a day, but luckily it was turned on again before nightfall...the house was getting cold!  I read "What Alice Forgot"  I'm not a big reader, just don't have the time, but I did enjoy this book.  In the story, the woman bumps her head and loses her memory of the past 10 years of her life.  It made me think about my life and all that's happened over the last ten years.  

No more snow, please.  We are ready for SPRING!!





No comments: