Friday, February 20, 2015

Snow Week!

Our world ground to a halt with snow this week.  The big boys had already missed the Friday and Monday prior to the snowfall due to planned holidays, so they got 6 days off from school.  A "winter-break" if you could call it that.  It was no break for me!  Derek had to work the entire time except one morning where he joined us for a little sledding.


I managed to talk him into taking one obligatory picture before me and the troops headed down the street to find the other neighborhood kids for sledding.  After a few hours, I was exhausted and cold and knew at least Jamison was too.  We trekked home and my parents were so thoughtful to bring us chili for lunch.  


The afternoon and next morning were filled with more sledding.  Jamison was not happy about putting on all the layers, especially the gloves.  I wasn't happy about the time it took me to help with gloves, hats, snowbibs, coats, and boots for four others and get myself dressed too.  I was especially unhappy that I had forgotten my "snow" boots broke during the last snow and so I trashed them and had nothing other than sneakers to wear.  


Jamison enjoyed being pulled around slowly on this sled that we borrowed from our neighbors.  


He doesn't look too happy here....but he's so fluffy!


I used the wagon to transport Jamison and some of our sleds down to the neighbors house.  Wagon rides for the little ones were a hit.


Maverick enjoyed sledding with Mommy or this neighbor girl that is slightly younger than Chandler. After going down the hill a few times he got up the courage to go down by himself and loved it!


The aftermath.  The snow gear really piles up and it's usually left for Mom to sort out, and put wet items in the dryer.  I don't mind a snow day, maybe two.  Three is pushing it.

Spring can't get here soon enough!

No comments: