Friday, February 6, 2015

Record Keeping

Derek and I are in the process of updating several of our household records and important documents.  A trip to the safety deposit box was in order.  In there I found a book that looks like something from the 1980s.  I think it was a wedding gift, but I'm not sure it was new even then.


It is a record book to record possessions in to have proof of items that may be destroyed by fire or theft.  I think that I must have been in a nesting phase before Chandler was born because I think that's when the majority of it was filled out and the accompanying pictures taken.  It's funny how much our lives have changed since then, and yet stayed the same.


Each "room" has a fill-in chart where possessions are recorded and pictures are filed in the book.  Our house has changed a lot since 2007, so this really needs to be updated.  We no longer have some of the items recorded in the book, and have gained several items from the estate of my grandmother that now furnish our home.  I show above in the picture where my diamond engagement ring is listed, but yet covered up with a piece of paper.  I'm old-fashioned like that and don't want to ever know what my ring cost.  Derek thinks it's silly.

Hopefully in the next month or so I can list out all of the things that are not in the book and take some more pictures.  We also took a video of the home in 2007.  That is really funny to see how it was furnished and decorated compared to now.  Derek's comment was, "it's so CLEAN!"  Ha....No kids toys cluttering the floors, etc...

Speaking of kids toys....the season of Lent is almost upon us.  I'm going to try again to complete the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge.  I expect to make much more progress this year!

No comments: