Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Yuck

Food Poisoning.

Stomach Virus.

Not sure which of these hit me last week, but it hit me fast and hard.  This was one of the sickest times I've had in my life and I do not care to repeat it.  I'm 8 days out, and still....STILL not fully over it.  It is so frustrating!  I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.


Lexi, our puppy is 4 months old.  She is growing so fast.  She has almost outgrown her "submissive peeing" with the family, but still might pee if a new person greets her.  We are working on it.  She gets her rabies shot next week and that will be so nice to be able to take her outside more and go on walks.  She really needs to burn off some energy and we as a family need to start exercising more.  Bring on spring, please!!


The boys seem to be growing by leaps and bounds as well.  We have a few birthdays that will be coming up soon and I'll have kids that are 2, 4, 6, & 8.  I've started a little chant around here:
Two, Four, Six, Eight....who do we appreciate?  Mom!! Mom!! Yeah! Mom!
The boys laugh and humor me with this.


Maverick is starting his last half of the 3's preschool class.  It's hard to believe he'll only have one more year left then it's off to Kindergarten.  What will I do with myself?  I have many part-time jobs that I do to support our family.  One of them is babysitting/tutoring for a family that we've known for years.  Unfortunately that job will be ending come May as the baby young man will be graduating!!  I will be sad to see the loss of income, but also sad that the relationship with that family will end change.  I've been with that family once a week for TWELVE years!  Wow!


On the plus side, through all of my sickness lately, I've had lots of time with God.  There are several things that weigh heavy on my heart.  I will not go into all of the details here, but yesterday I saw a change for the positive in one area.  It came very unexpectedly and I would have bet money against it.  I need to change my way of thinking and hand it totally over to God.  I'm hoping this will be a new beginning for me in this area.  A fresh start, if you will.  I know God is working through me and with me.  I'm trying to have a new mantra:  

"Less busy, More Fruitful"

I want others to see God in me and through me.  I want to slow down and savor life, not just hurry through it like a race.  That is my prayer.  



No comments: