Thursday, January 13, 2011

Back to the Blog....


So it's no secret that I shop at Harris Teeter. When I say I shop there I mean that I shop on-line and drive there to pick up my groceries. I pretty much without fail do this every week. So much that I have my own shopper, Debbie, who is wonderful. She does a great job for me and I don't mind forking over the $4.95 to save me a trip with two little ones in the store.

So today I decided to go in the store and do the shopping myself. I've actually done this a few times in the past month and it's gone okay. I'm going to continue doing most of my shopping online, but it's nice to know that armed with sippies of apple juice, gummy bears, and free cookies I can get in and out in less than one hour.

Since I did this somewhat on a whim today, I was finishing up right at lunch time. I figured since I saved $5 by shopping myself that deserved a treat of lunch out. I swung by Burger King and with my coupon got two whoppers and two fries for $6. The boys split a whopper and I already had some apple cut up at home. Since it's so Freaking COLD outside I left the groceries in the car while we had lunch and figured it was just as good as the frig.

On another note, one of my "resolutions" for 2011 is to become a better blogger. I'd like to post at least 175 entries for the year which is roughly every other day. I'm a little behind on this goal, so I'll get going with that soon. Till then.....

No comments: