Saturday, January 29, 2011

Haircut Time



Today I decided to give the boys haircuts. Chandler has gotten quite well at sitting still for me as I'm not the quickest with all the steps it takes for his hair. I buzz the back, then use scissors to take off some of the over all length on the top. Finally I have special layering scissors that I use to even it all out and (hopefully) make it look more natural.
See how still and serious Chandler can be while I try to get his bangs straight.

Now Brighton is a totally different story. I still like his "babyish" look and I've yet to use the buzzers on him. I just scissor cut his hair, keeping most of the length and then layer it as best I can.
His bangs were NOT straight at all across the front because he would not sit still. Derek was able to take a few pictures of Brighton during this process, but ultimately ended up having to stop so he could hold Brighton's head still and/or keep his attention by naming animal noises and various body parts.

Overall I'm pleased with the outcome and even more so with the $30+ that I saved!

No comments: