Sunday, January 30, 2011

Painting is DONE!!


Hooray, hooray, the painting is DONE!!

Now I feel like I can really start getting the room ready. I'm super excited now about seeing my new baby boy in his room. I never really felt this way with the old nursery, because it never really had a future occupant I could name. It was just for the "baby". Well, this is Maverick's room and I can't wait to meet him.

Derek did a super job with the chair rail and finishing touches for the room. Luckily we have great neighbors and borrowed all the tools (saw, air compressor, nail gun) that we needed to finish the job. We had beautiful weather this weekend which allowed us to get the chair rail painted outside in record time.
It's hard to see with the lighting in the room, but this is the finished product. There is a medium blue below the chair rail, with a lighter blue above. The chair rail and trim in the room is a cream color. I couldn't be more pleased with the final product.

The finishing touches to the room will be the artwork I hang up on the walls. You can see two pictures I'm considering for placement above the crib in the crib. They will either go above the crib or on the opposite wall over the changing table. I also have another picture (actual photograph) of a hot air balloon that once hung in my room as a child. I'd like to get this picture re-matted and framed if budget allows. I also have some decals of vintage looking planes and clouds that I plan to place around the room.

Finally, Grandma is working on making the curtains out of some blue material with tiny hot air balloons that I found. Can't wait to see it all coming together.

No comments: