Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pretzels with Grandma

This post is made possible thanks to somebody that left this kit on the MOPS swap table. How I love the MOPS swap table. I find all sorts of goodies left there from food, toiletries, clothing, books, and much more. I could have a whole post just about that.....but onto the pretzels.

As I was saying, somebody left this make your own pretzel kit from Auntie Anne's and since Grandma had come over today to help with the boys while Derek was painting I figured we'd give it a try.
After making the dough and kneading it, you have to let it rise for about 45 minutes. Chandler really got into the kneading part and started using his elbow, shirt and all.

Then you make the pretzels and bake for about 8 minutes. We decided to make half of the batch cinnamon sugar and half salt pretzels. They actually came out good. They were especially yummy straight out of the oven.
Here Chandler shows off his cinnamon sugar creation. Yum!

No comments: