Friday, June 24, 2011

Discovery Place


Today since we were so close to the Discovery Place Museum in Charlotte, NC we decided to head there for the morning. The first place we visited in the museum was a hit with the boys. Brighton could have spent all day at the water table.
Even with the apron that was provided he still managed to get one sleeve and part of his shirt completely soaked. Meanwhile, Chandler was busy creating a giant building of some sort.

We also checked out all the aquarium exhibits before heading to another floor for more fun. I have been to this museum before and remembered that I really liked it. I don't recall who took me there, but I was probably 8-10 years old. I'm sure it was while I was visiting my Aunt and Uncle Seagle who lived in Charlotte at the time.
While Chandler and Brighton were busy building more things, Diane decided to create some more rooms to add on to our house. At some point in the future we'd like to add on to our house and Diane created some great ideas for us :)

She made a new master bedroom and large closet and bathroom with a shower and separate tub. She also created a dinning room and an office. Now if only it was easy as laying out with blocks....

Here Diane explains her floor plan....

We took this trip to Charlotte for a wedding for a high school friend, Ashley McCrossen (now Allen). We actually stayed in Concord, so this was our first time driving into Charlotte. It was actually hard for me to see some familiar sights as they all reminded me of my Uncle. I really miss him and can not even imagine how hard this is for his family to not have him in their daily lives. We all miss you, Uncle Dennis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey L--been thinking of you guys; looks like all is well at your house! The Wolf Lodge trip pics are fabulous!