Monday, June 13, 2011

Swimming Lessons!

We have hired a swimming instructor to come to our pool to teach our boys and their buddies (Hayden & Patrick) how to swim. I really wanted the boys to get more comfortable in our pool this year and this was the perfect solution. There was no way I was schleping 3 boys to a local pool when we have one right in the backyard. This works out great with Maverick napping happily in his crib while the lessons are going on. I've still had a helper each day with me so I can have an extra set of hands if need be. The instructor, Hannah has been awesome with the boys. With our cooler weather this week, the pool has been a little on the chilly side and Brighton & Patrick have gotten easily chilled. The big boys have done great though.
Here's Chandler reaching and pulling with Hannah. He's so confident in the water with a life-jacket on, but our goal is true swimming this summer. At least he can stand in the shallow end this year, so that helps. He actually jumped in the deep end to Hannah with out a life jacket on his third lesson. I know that took a lot of courage and I'm so proud of him. These lessons should really come in handy next week when we are at Great Wolf Lodge!
Brighton has not been his normal fearless self this week. In fact, he didn't even get in the water one lesson. I'll admit, he has a cold and probably isn't feeling the best, so I didn't push it. Of course Chandler didn't mind the extra time. Brighton had just had lessons with me in February, and would blow bubbles with me in the water there. He's not too sure about blowing them through his nose like Hannah was trying to get him to do here.
And here's the whole gang having lunch after a lesson. What a great opportunity for our boys and a fun time with friends. Here's to more swimming fun soon. I'll have to post a video to show our progress.

No comments: