Friday, November 11, 2011

It's been a hard week!

Today is Veteran's Day.  I'm certainly thankful for all the brave men and women that have put their lives on the line for our country.  Thank you.

There are many changes going on around here this week.  I'm still not feeling the best with my back and neck.  I'm hoping this one step forward, two steps back starts moving in the forward direction for good soon.  My Dad, Mom, and Aunt have been cleaning out my grandmother's house in Nashville this week, and Derek is off work today and helping them.  I hate that I can't be a part of it, but I'm playing the part of "mom".

We have hired an architect to give us some plans for how we can add onto our house.  It exciting, but at the time bittersweet.  I know where the money for this addition comes from, and it had a very steep price.  I'm still very upset over the death of my grandmother and I miss her very, very much.  I wish she could be here sharing in this exciting time with us.  


All the boys were home when the architect came by to measure our house and get a floor plan before getting started on his designs.  I was here with them by myself and tried to not get so stressed out keeping their curiosity at bay.  The architect has no children, so it was hard to tell if he found their curiosity endearing or annoying.  Hopefully I kept the annoyingness down to a minimum.  Chandler carefully followed him around and drew his "plans".  That was cute (at least to me!)


Super Brighton!

Maverick trying to stand!
That about wraps up our week.  I can't wait to see the architect's ideas.  I'll keep you posted....

No comments: