Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Holidays are HERE!

Another Christmas card contender...
I think I'm in denial.  How can it be that the holidays are here already?  The Christmas music is already playing on the radio and people in our neighborhood have already put up lights.  Can it be that the holiday are already here?

I love this time of year, but I'll admit that there is an element of sadness this year.  With the loss of Uncle Dennis the day after Christmas, and also my Grandmother on April 15th things just aren't the same at the holidays.  I have so many great memories of both of them at this time of year and that will help me through this time.  How I wish they could be here with me, so I'll do my best to think of them and how they would make these times special.

On that note, I'm trying my best to re-create my Grandmother's dressing for Thanksgiving.  It will be a hard undertaking, but I'm going to try.  Chandler is very excited about the holiday season and Brighton feeds off that excitement.  In Chandler's mind Thanksgiving is coming and Christmas is the day after that!

Maybe I will feel more in the "spirit" once we get some decorations up.  The boys already demanded that we get down all the Christmas books this weekend.  Since Daddy does bedtime books with the big boys, I haven't gotten to read any of those yet.  Derek and I have already decided to scale back our decor this year.  Mainly because with all that's going on with the house and possible renovations coming it seems like so much to get done.  It's hard to figure out what "not" to do though.......

No comments: