Saturday, November 5, 2011

Time for planting!

In preparation for the time change this weekend, I've been adjusting Maverick's sleeping schedule by 10 minutes everyday.  So far it's been working.  He slept in today and when I woke him up this is how I found him: 

Notice that his head is at the opposite end of the crib from where he was placed to sleep.  This has happened for the past few mornings.  Gotta wonder what he does in there?!?  Even though it was in the low 40s this morning I was determined to get on of my "to do" list accomplished and get some bulbs planted on the front hill.  I got the big boys dressed in many layers (you would think it was snowing!) and since Daddy dislikes the cold, he and Maverick stayed in.  Daddy decided to snap some pics of Maverick and then came outside for a minute to document our progress.



I like how in this picture all you can see are Chandler's eyes.  I let both boys pick a bag of bulbs and toss them one-by-one on the hill so we could plant them.  


After tossing the bulbs, I started digging the holes.  We planted three varieties and a total of 32 bulbs.  Even with gloves on, I managed to get a blister on the middle of one of my palms.  I think Brighton got cold and apparently wanted some water because after his turn helping me I looked around and he was gone.  After Derek assured me he had come inside I made Brighton come back out to tell me he wanted to go inside.  He knows better than that!  Overall, I'm pleased that these bulbs have been planted.  It's something that I've been wanting to do for a long time.  I can't wait till spring time when I get to see the fruits, or flowers rather, of my labor!

No comments: