Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Update: 30 Before 30


So, I'm trying to make the time to update on my 30 before 30 list.  I will cross out the things that have been done so far, and leave some comments where appropriate.


30 Before 30
  1. Purchase a beginner piano book and learn a simple song
  2. Take a train ride
  3. Walk through a corn maze
  4. Write 5 handwritten letters to friends
  5. Fly a kite with my boys
  6. Plant daffodil bulbs in front yard
  7. Take a meal to a new mom Seems like I'm always doing this.  I've actually done this about 3 x already!
  8. Pay it forward (I've gotten my three to pay it forward to: Megan P, Jen P, and Emily N....have no idea what I'll be making for you all....but it will be handmade and special I'm sure)
  9. Visit Connor
  10. Try out a new recipe
  11. Go Christmas Caroling
  12. Post my 500th blog post
  13. Donate to a charity Inspired to donate to JDRF by a close friend
  14. Have a party (not for my children)
  15. Take a good friend to lunch
  16. Do something nice for a neighbor
  17. See a movie at the theater with Derek
  18. Decide where Chandler will go to Kindergarten Now that Wake County has finally released their plan of "choice schools" we can really begin to tackle this problem.  No easy feat!
  19. Visit a new city
  20. Read one book for fun  Several people have recommended "A Discovery of Witches"....any other recommendations??
  21. Update our mailbox
  22. Figure out how to upload videos to the blog
  23. Have a progressive dinner party
  24. Bring a meal to somebody who is sick/has sick kids
  25. Try a “fancy” cupcake
  26. Volunteer at the preschool
  27. Bake & Decorate cookies with my 3 messy boys
  28. Have a live Christmas tree for the first time in 10+ years
  29. Visit the Biltmore House, or at least plan the trip
  30. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride, or plan it! So this is the most "interesting" one so far.  Shortly after I posted my list, several of you noticed that there was a Living Social Deal for a hot air balloon ride.  Just know that I've gotten my tickets secured and I'm thinking we'll make the trip in late summer/early fall of 2012.  To me this was God providing for me.  I "put this out there" and God made a way for me to get it.  God always makes sure that our needs are met, but sometimes provides for a few wants as well.  God is so good!  Derek joked that I should have put win the lottery on my list!

So, that's 5 down, 25 to go with just over 6 months left.  I've gotten a good start on my list so far, so I still think I'm on track.

In other news, if you've been following the blog closely you will have seen that we've met with an architect.  We met with a builder yesterday (Halloween) and we are beginning the process of figuring out how we can gain square footage for our growing family.  It has yet to be determined if we will add on or move.  It's an exciting time in the Osterhoudt Family, that's for sure!

No comments: