Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines' Day!

I know that my Valentine's Day isn't "Pinterest" worthy, but I do try to do fun things for my kids when I can.  For breakfast, I cut biscuits to look like hearts and topped them with cinnamon/sugar and red sugar crystals.  Each of the boys got a DVD of their favorite cartoons currently:
Chuggington
Power Rangers
Scooby Doo

This little cutie didn't need any sweets.  He is sweet enough :)

Our Valentine's Plans got messed up and I didn't even know it.  Derek planned to take me
out to The Melting Pot (hadn't been there in YEARS!) but with all the ice/snow etc... we decided 
to reschedule for next week.  My consolation prize was a bouquet of flowers that I put in 
my favorite vase.

For dinner I made a crockpot meal that I had arranged for one of my mom's groups to make for Valentines' Day.  Unfortunately, the meeting had to be rescheduled due to the ice/snow, but I figured I could go ahead and try it out.  It was a chicken/tomato/artichoke dish served over rice.  Everybody ate it, but it wasn't as "wow" as I'd hoped for.

That was our Valentines' Day.  Hope you had a good one!



No comments: