Monday, August 1, 2011

baby? Brighton



Brighton is no longer my "baby" but I still like to call him "Baby Brighton". He is just so sweet. He is still very much loves to cuddle and asks to sit in my lap so many times during the day that I loose count. Today Chandler and Brighton have started a one-week camp at the preschool that will certainly have Brighton ready for preschool when it officially starts in about one month. Although Brighton is only two, he sometimes seems much older.
He is definitely a funny guy and loves to be silly. He loves to dance and will spin around in circles until he falls down laughing. He tries so much to keep up with Chandler that I think he's already surpassed his bigger brother is some areas. As our "Fall" baby, I struggle with all the things Brighton gets left out of because he's not "old enough" He's so excited to start preschool this fall. I think he would have done fine last year too. Chandler goes to a program called AWANA at another local church and Brighton will be left out again since he's not "3" by the cut-off-date. I know there has to be a cut-off at some point, but I still hurt for him that he's left out. Luckily God has heard my prayers about this and some have been answered! God is GOOD!
When I went to sign up Chandler for AWANA I was so happy and surprised to see that for this year only they are trying out a special program for kids that barely miss the cut-off. There are limited number of spots, and I got Brighton in! He will do a modified version of what Chandler does (memorizing Bible verses) but still get to participate in all the fun. When Brighton woke up this morning and I told him that he gets to go to AWANA this fall I wish you could have seen his face. He had the biggest smile and looked so happy, then he gave me the biggest hug while saying, "I love you, mommy!". It just melts a mama's heart.

Another answered prayer came in when I was able to sign both (big) boys up for T-ball this October. Brighton once again misses the cut-off date, but I truly believe he'll do great in T-ball. I pleaded my case to the director of the facility and she was so understanding (having two boys herself) that she made an exception for Brighton and now he gets to play too! He was super excited about this too, which is definitely refreshing given the reaction of son # 1 about playing T-ball (who wanted to know if it was inside, because it's too hot outside, and he doesn't know how to play T-ball, and are they going to get to read stories, and this, and that.......).

Brighton, you are such a special little guy and I love you so much. Always stay as sweet as you are right now!

No comments: